Friday, January 14, 2011

Handy Pops

So, it is a good day when you have a daddy like mine who says "yes" to any woodworking orders his daughter places for her wedding. Today, I discussed with my father several projects/ideas I have in mind of the wood quality for my wedding. He is extremely talented and has made majority of my families beautiful country furniture, a chess set, a beautiful barn window decoration, birdhouses, and my very own grown-up coffee table and end tables!


Before his eyes glazed over from sheer boredom due to too much girly activity at one time I was able to order the following:
1. Browsing etsy.com (<3) I saw and fell in love with a card box that was a little wooden house painted with doors and windows and a little twig wreath attached with the couples name and date. The slot was in the roof for guests to slip those cards into and well, I LOVED it. I saw the price and was a little hesitant because my dad is awesome and he does a lot of wood-making projects or whatever it is you call wood crafts. He is especially great at birdhouses and he made my sister and I barbie houses when we were little girls out of wood (where are those?). So, order placed. Dad will put together said little house, and I will help paint, decorate and attach mini-twig wreath to door. Yay!
2. Frames. My dad has this great old barn wood that he found, scoured up, who the heck knows but it appeared one day at our house. He has made some awesome stuff out of this wood. Sooo, dad is going to help me put together some picture frames out of this wood for our centerpiece table numbers and some aisle decorations I have in mind....
3. Signs? I am not so sure on this one yet. I may have my dad craft me a sign that says "Our Wedding" or "Happily Ever After" to hang somewhere.

As of now, these are his orders. Who knows if more will be added but I am excited. My dad did have a etsy shop at one point which I would totally give a shoutout to but he currently has nothing for sale in it! DAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment