Wednesday, December 29, 2010

It's official, I need an officiant!

We have officially booked our ceremony location. I am really excited but nervous too. It's going to be outside in a garden right down the hill from our Reception venue. The gardens are absolutely gorgeous in the Summer and have plenty of beautiful flowers and even a pond to take pictures by. We have decided on ceremony times and reception times. There are many reasons, long debated questions as to why and how we came to choose this location but now I am getting excited. I have to call around and look into pricing for chairs, advertise/search for a violinist who can play the Wedding March and an officiant. I have already begun looking into the wedding officiant but everything is either too expensive or too odd-ball. One guy had 1970's sideburns and offered to sing in spanish on a guitar for us. That may be right for some people but I am one of those people who feels awkward when it's one person singing alone on a guitar. lol! I always giggle or dont know where to look or what to do. I want someone who can put some religious aspects into the ceremony to make it a little more meaningful. If anyone has or knows an officiant, let me know!?

1 comment:

  1. I can give you the name of the guy i used. He is awesome. BUt not Catholic so I don't know if he is what you are looking for. I also have a bunch of friends who play Violin if you'd like me to reach out to them and get prices for you let me know. I know how stressful wedding planning can be so let me know if you need anything else. Congrats again!~Jean

    ReplyDelete