Wednesday, August 25, 2010

So it's about time I started this thing

So, my friend Kristen, who's blog I will somehow learn to add and follow on this, created her very own blog about her Wedding (Version 2.0) which inspired me to want to write my own!

I have been wedding planning since Michael proposed on  May 21, 2010. He proposed in one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, Lake Placid, NY. The atmosphere there inspired me to create a wedding based off a rustic/vintage theme.

While my dream wedding would take place on top of a mountain with a few friends and family members in attendance, that was quickly changed when our parents expressed their own opinions for a bigger wedding. But it's okay, I am getting into it now.

So revision time came and we searched out and found Stony Ford Golf Course located in Montgomery, NY. It's a shame that because it is a county building, they cannot advertise and promote their location. Getting business there is strictly through word of mouth, but let me tell you, I will tell anyone I can about them. It is the most beautiful location I found in Orange County, NY.

My picture does not in anyway show off the pure beauty of the place. The ceilings are all exposed wood with wrought iron lights hanging down. The bank of windows along the one wall overlook a mountain range. There is even a wrap-around deck outside, which I am CRAZY about! On the wall not pictured is a HUGE stone fireplace. This place is pure beautiful rustic lodge (or as close to one can get!). I love it.


Rosalie is the woman in charge and she makes us feel so comfortable and reassured. She was quick to our, well, MY million questions. I can't say enough about her and the food is so delicious!

That's enough for today, but tomorrow I will start really blogging about my ideas and thoughts.




No comments:

Post a Comment