Friday, August 27, 2010

Photographer

So tonight, we have made our decision on the photographer and contacted them about the deposit and contract. We, well, I spent countless hours searching for a photographer that shared the vision I wanted to create for my wedding pictures. I really wanted someone who adhered to my theme of a rustic, natural feel with a bit of vintage touch.
So many photographers were emailed. I am not kidding here. I must have emailed 30. Bridezilla? eh? Well, I judged a lot based on how they answered my emails. I wrote detailed questions and explained what I was looking for and some, quite frankly, didn't match my expectations. Maybe I am too picky but I know what I want.
What I wanted was not only someone with that natural, vintage feel but someone who could match my budget and ideas. I am a closet, addict scrapbooker. Every year my fiance, for the past 5 years, gets a scrapbook on our anniversary. It details our year in photo's and blurbs written by me. It's something that I hope when we are 65 and have grandkids can look over together.
Sooooo, being a scrapbooker, my fiance knew this was something I loved and when he asked me to marry him, he incorporated this. He gave me a wrapped box filled with wedding related stickers and cardstock and even an album. Then he got down on one knee and asked me to not only scrap about our wedding but scrap the rest of our lives together as husband and wife.
Well, whether he meant that or not (which he did!) that's what he is getting! I want to scrap my wedding! By all means I will do a traditional photo album but I wanted a photographer who could hand me 150 4x6 pictures so I could just scrapbook. Some photographer's emailed me back with the response that I could just select one of their ridiculous packages, which didnt match my needs and then order a la carte from their site after the wedding. But ordering a la carte from their website sometimes meant spending $8+ on a 4 x 6 picture! For just ONE! Crazy!
I also wanted a photographer who was willing to not give me a set time frame and say here, this package is for 6 hours, thats it. I thought that was nuts! I am getting married in a church probably around 3 pm and then not having the reception until 6pm. Logistically that doesn't work for me. Plus, I wanted the possibility of a second photographer, to capture not only my face coming down the aisle, but my fiance's as well.

My Bridal Bridezilla words of advice for photographers: If I spend time emailing you detailed questions, dont waste my time with the response to check out your attached packages and call to book you when I am ready. I want to know you, meet you and LIKE you before I even think about booking you. Hell, before I even meet you, I want to LIKE you via email.
If this makes me a Bridezilla, watch out world, because I am planning my wedding. haha!
Let's hope my contract and deposit that I literally just emailed them about is accepted and the date not already booked! Once I hear back I will blog about their name!

Oh and PS- I NEED a picture JUST like the one below at my wedding! LANTERNS!

No comments:

Post a Comment