Thursday, August 26, 2010

The search for lanterns begins! (well already began)

So, when I sat down and began envisioning my wedding, one of the first thing's I thought of a knew I had to have at my wedding was candles and twinkle lights. I love how everything looks in candle light. Romantic and just pretty. So in my search for candle centerpieces on The Knot I discovered lanterns! I was in love. I am not much of a girl who loves flowers, so for me these beautiful lantern's would make amazing centerpieces.
And so, the search began. I have found some black lanterns about 6 or so inches high at Michael's Craft Store and Mom Q (the fiance's mom) found some pretty ones at Ikea. While I love the black one's, there is one I saw on The Knot that really I cannot get out of my head:


I wish I could find something like it, somewhere! I would put a little pillar candle inside and have it lit all night long. So, I have spent countless, wasted hours searching for something just like what you see above. The closest I have come so far is this Country House Online Store.

If it comes down to it, I will end up with black lanterns, which look beautiful too! Either way, the limited number of flowers I use, the more I will save too! I love this simple lantern idea so much! Let's hope it works out!


Here are some other pretty idea's I am inspired/intrigued and interested in:

No comments:

Post a Comment