Tuesday, September 14, 2010

For the love of the dress

As much as I want to blog about my wedding dress....I WONT! I am going to try to follow the tradition of not talking about, showing or pretty much anything. Have to be traditional about it all......
soooo instead let's discuss maid of honor dresses!!!!! Mike and I have decided in order to keep our wedding small and intimate we were not going to have the HUGE bridal party that some have. While we would love to incorporate our best friends, we just felt it would get to hectic and expensive too! So, we asked Mike's father to be the best man and my little sister to be the maid of honor.
Mandy already knew she would be wearing purple and she was a trooper about it! When we went dress shopping at David's Bridal, I asked her to try on some styles so I could get an idea of what she liked compared to what I liked. I want her to be happy in the dress too. I don't want to stick her in a dress she hates because then she will look uncomfortable. I was unsure whether I wanted a darker purple or a lighter purple. I still am unsure. I like darker purples but I feel that they are more of an autumn color. Whereas the lighter purple's may better fit the summer season. I really only have two main points in which I don't think I would change my mind. It has to be purple and it has to be cocktail length. I am not sure if I like flowy or more structured dresses... Here are some favorites and inspirations I have seen lately and hope to go on when we go shopping.

We are going shopping the first weekend in October, so I am really excited. Most of all I want her to be happy with what we choose. After that she can pick her own shoes, jewelry, hairstyle etc...
I am so excited to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment